Psalm 91: You who sit down in the High God's presence, spend the night in Shaddai's shadow, say this: "God you're my refuge. I trust in you and I'm safe!"....His huge outstretched arms protect you -- under them you're perfectly safe; his arms fend off all harm. (the Message)
I have always turned to this Psalm, no matter what condition my life has been in at the time. My mother suggested I read it when I was very young. I grew up terribly afraid and confused by religion, yet I kept returning to this. I quoted it in my senior year book in high school. In times of rebellion and anger, I have still turned to this Psalm. As a new mother, terrified of the job of protecting my baby, I turned to this Psalm.
However, I actually remained afraid of God, which may sound crazy but deep down I think alot of people who call themselves Christians feel this way . I have only recently gotten a vice grip on the fact that HE IS LOVE and in His presence is where I want to be, always! His spirit lives in me, so we are never separated. I am learning to abide -- JUST BE--complete in Him.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Something new.

Well, since my old blog is stagnant these days I thought I'd start something new. The other one was meant to be all about our family, but when our photo software changed and I couldn't figure out how to post pictures any more it sort of fizzled. I found that the subjects of my posts were changing anyway, and I was adding all kinds of personal/non family stuff to it, so it seemed that starting a new blog with a different tone was appropriate. So, here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment